// Rat Chat - 24/04/12//
So for my 9th (I’m still shocked it’s that many) release “Superfamily Muroidea” I took a lot of time researching better and interesting ways of making my music, from blogs to tutorials on YouTube.
I think they are finally getting close to being what I would call ‘good’. I mean when I go through my older material now I can tell what it’s lacking a lot easier than I could, and now that I’ve learnt some tips and tricks the overall quality of the tracks has improved too.
A lot of the songs have reached their final form and have names now, there’s still a few I need to mess around with a bit more and I still know there’s a lot more I have to learn which means future tracks will sound even better.
I’ve also been a lot more critical of my own work, deleting songs I’ve nearly finished because at the end I’ve not liked the track and rather than trying to reshape it like I would have normally I’ve just noted the things I like about the track and thrown them into a fresh one.
I’ll be changing the preview songs again soon and I’m even thinking of giving away a copy (via e-mail or something) pre-release in some form of free prize draw, if people are interested enough.